Delmarva Ag Conservation Funding Forum
February 28, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
Collaboration leads to more successful projects and more competitive proposals. Let’s work together so that Delmarva partners can be competitive and successful in implementing conservation priorities. The goal of this workshop is to have direct conversation with funders and enhance coordination for Ag conservation implementation projects to improve water quality on Delmarva.
- Hear from and engage with representatives from funding agencies.
- Share ideas, identify partners, enhance your proposals.
Audience: Groups on Delmarva who are considering applying for NFWF or USDA Regional Conservation Partnership Programs funding.
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
To gain the most updated information on WIP conservation implementation on Delmarva, watch this webinar on Water Quality and WIP Progress on Delmarva.
9:00 Welcome, Mark Hoffman, Chesapeake Bay Commission
9:05 Accessing and Leveraging Federal Funding: Jake Reilly (Director of Chesapeake Bay Program at NFWF), Leon Tillman (Chesapeake Bay Coordinator, USDA-NRCS), Kelly Shenk (Kelly Shenk, Agriculture Advisor, EPA Mid-Atlantic Region)
9:35 Leveraging State Cost-share for Federal Funding: Jason Keppler (Watershed Implementation Program Administrator, MDA) and Kristen Hughes Evans (Executive Director, Sustainable Chesapeake)
9:45 Participant brainstorm: Share or refine your ideas with partners and mentors
- What are your high – level proposal ideas?
- What role(s) do you see yourself playing in a partner-funded proposal?
- What can you contribute in terms of resources, in-kind support and/or funds?
- Do you have the capacity to manage a large grant or are you seeking to partner with organizations that have this capacity?
- Do you have experience with large federal grants and can mentor someone, or do you seek mentoring?
- What is your organization’s timeframe for a proposal?